19 Oct Roast Breast of Chicken with Mushroom Duxelles and Herb Butter
Prep Time: 60 min Serving Size: 4
3. In another sauté pan, place bacon and cook over medium heat until golden and beginning to crisp, about 5 – 6 minutes. Remove bacon to paper towel to drain. Add onion to same pan and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes until onions are soft, stirring often. Remove from heat and cool.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken on flat surface and season both sides of each piece, using one teaspoon salt and one teaspoon black pepper. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
7. In bowl of food processor, place garlic, one stick of butter, herbs, lemon zest and remaining lemon juice; process until smooth. Transfer to large bowl. Combine with mushrooms, bacon and onion; blend well. Season with remaining half teaspoon salt and half teaspoon black pepper.
9. Gently run finger under skin of chicken. Divide mushroom-herb mixture into four equal portions; stuff under skin of each piece of chicken. Place in roasting pan and roast in oven 40 – 50 minutes, until skin is deep golden brown.
* 1 1/2 pounds assorted mushrooms, brushed of dirt
* 1 lemon, zest and juice
* 2 TBLS butter
* 2 1/2 tsps salt, divided
* 2 1/2 tsps black pepper, divided
* 4 slices bacon, diced
* 1 yellow onion, diced
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1 stick butter, room temperature
* 1 cup packed mixed fresh herbs